Scout Projects - Aug '16 - Aug '17
- Christian Lopez - installing four birdhouses, Troop 1226 at St Thomas Episcopal
- Joseph Lupski - installing eight 1/4 mile markers on Westbury Lake Trail, Troop 1226 at St Thomas Episcopal
- Ben Brown - North Clematis Circle Landscaping, Troop 242 at Wheeler Avenue Baptist
- Mitchell Mezyk - South Clematis Circle Landscaping, Troop 99 at St Thomas More
- Alex Lopez - Painting three Kiosks, Troop 55 at St. John the Divine Episcopal
- Kevin Williams - New frames and Plexiglas on three Kiosks, Troop 601 at New Faith Bible
- Sara Hansen - tree plantings at Levitt Lake, Troop 21126 at St Thomas More
- Gian Allen - tree plantings at Levitt Lake, Troop 500 at Brentwood Baptist
- Joshua Watson - tree plantings at Levitt Lake, Troop 500 at Brentwood Baptist
- James Huff - tree plantings at Levitt Lake, Troop 740 at Post Willow Parents Club
- Warren Billiard - tree plantings at Levitt Lake, Troop 500 at Brentwood Baptist
- Eron Lord - moving tree ID markers and cleaning brush from Bayou Trail, Troop 242 Wheeler Avenue Baptist
- Ben Nisley, building Chimney Swift Habitat, Troop 99 at St Thomas More
- Brandon Battle, building Kiosk around Chimney Swift Habitat, Troop 99 at St Thomas More
- Noah Heverly, building crushed granite Trail at Rafferty Memorial, Troop 1020 at Pilgrim Lutheran
- Gabe Arnold, building crushed granite Trail at Rafferty Memorial, Troop 222 at Bellaire United Methodist
- Justin Varkey, building Footbridge at South Clematis Circle, Troop 55 at St. John Divine Episcopal
- Madison Contreras, installing two Bat Houses in Rafferty Wetlands, Troop 1126 at St. Thomas More
- Alexander Mayberry, installing two new WW signs at Schwartz Gazebo, moving Trash Receptacle, Troop 686 at Lily Grove Missionary Baptist
- Dedrick Thomas, restoring three WWG signs at Triangle Lake, Troop 601 at New Faith Bible
- Malcolm Barnes, installing four new tree ID signs in Rafferty Wetlands, Troop 601 at New Faith Bible
On Sunday, September 11th, thirty-five members of the Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church spent their afternoon performing community service at the Willow Waterhole Greenway. They put thirty-four plants in the ground at the Rafferty Memorial Wetlands (Blue Flag Iris, Dwarf Palmetto, and Bald Cypress), picked up litter, moved mulched, and pruned trees. Members also took canoes recently purchased by the Willow Waterhole Greenspace Conservancy out on Westbury Lake for their inaugural voyage!
On September 24th, Mitchell Mezyk, a scout with St. Thomas More Troop 99, completed a landscaping transformation of the traffic circle on South Clematis Lane near Gasmer Drive.
Ben Brown is a scout with Wheeler Avenue Troop 242. For his Eagle project, Ben completed a landscaping transformation of a traffic circle on Clematis Lane near the Varnett School. The site is an entry point into the Willow Waterhole Greenway.
Sara Hansen, Gian Allen, and Joshua Watson teamed up for their Gold and Eagle projects to turn a barren site at the Willow Waterhole Greenway into a forest of 31 trees (see photo). The site is located at the northeast corner of Levitt Lake and the forest will eventually provide a natural screen from a nearby South Post Oak commercial strip center. Sara is a member of Troop 21126 from St. Thomas More, Gian and Joshua are members of Troop 500 from Brentwood Church.